Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

2 Half marathons this summer? Are you kidding me? If it wasn't for the girls weekend getaway, I probably would not have done this race. I was really not ready and when the race started, it showed. I was actually feeling pretty good until about mile 9 and I was pretty much done. The race started way too late making it hot towards the end. Not to mention the hills I was totally unprepared for. I was pretty much hating life for the last 4 miles but I (very slowly) finished. I did have an awesome cheering section when I came in to the finish line since all my friends had finished about a half hour before me!!! Yes, I am that slow! But I have to remind myself.....when I started running I couldn't even run around the track one time! I have come a long way since then and I hope next summer I can do better. It was a fun weekend with great friends that I love!

Getting our carbs at the Brick Oven!
HA HA! The best part of the whole trip was shopping at the DI. We decided to go get sweatshirts we could wear before the race started, then chuck them once it warmed up. Tiff wasn't with us at the DI but she wanted something too! It was too good, how could we not buy her the sweetest slicky sweat suit in the whole store! We were laughing so hard picking out just the right thing! Who could have parted with this leapord print Ceaser's Palace sweat suit?! Its a beauty! We waited til the next morning to tell her we actuall got her something "normal"

After the race. (k, I don't even know who the girl in the hat is)
Chelese, Shannon, Stacia, Cassie, Tiff, Dani, me

Showin' off the big guns! ps...don't mess with Stacia

Oh ya! We did it!

HOORAY! I barely had the energy to pose for this picture!
As much as I hated this race, I'm already thinking about more races to come. CRAZY!!





5 comments:

Tiff said...

yeah for us! I'm so glad I got to do this race with you guys! It was fun...well the before and after was, not so much the in between! Thanks again for the sweet Caesar Palace outfit. I totally would of wore it!=)

Kim said...

oh my gosh! I'm still laughing about the picture of Tiff. That is the funniest thing ever! I can only imagine how hard you guys were laughing! I'm glad you survived your second race. Good for you. Maybe I'll have to do one next year.

Wilson Family said...

You are a complete HERO!!! I am pretty sure that I would have found the first aid car and gotten in and gone for an Ice Cream!!:)haha You are awesome for doing 2 this summer. Next you will be doing the marathon!!! woo hoo!!!

PS. Your kids are ADORABLE. I love the first day of school pics.

The Tophams said...

You better be careful...I don't want to have to use these guns on you. Needless to say, I won't be doing any more flexing pictures! I'm still laughing at Tiff's sweat suit, what a find! Gotta love a girls weekend!

Michelle said...

Looks like a way fun weekend. You guys are hilarious! :) Good job with finishing two races. You are right, no matter how hard it is, when you finish all you can think of is another race...crazy!