Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I think I'm in LOVE






When I found out I was pregnant I was sure life was over. I really didn't want another baby. I couldn't imagine what everyone would say about me having five kids, I didn't want to KNOW what people would say. I cried for days and days. Finally, I decided it was going to be okay because I just really had the feeling there was another girl for me. Well, then the ultra sound came and it was a boy. The crying started again. I just really couldn't figure out why this had happened to me!

Then Max finally came and the rest is history. Being four days over, I didn't care about having five kids anymore, I just wanted to be done being pregnant. I had an appointment on Monday, July 28th. I told her I wasn't going home without a baby! So we tried a few things to get me moving along and finally, after walking/waddling around the mall, watching a movie, and going to lunch, I was dilated to a seven and they were ready to break my water if I wanted.....um, yes please!! Within minutes the contractions came on strong and I was ready to go to the birthing center I was having him at. We got there and the contractions were coming harder and stronger. I knew I wasn't going to have an epidural (I know anyone reading this thinks I am crazy) so I just got through them one at a time. Luckily, that part only lasted a couple of hours and he was ready to come. After only 14 minutes of pushing (ouch) he was here. WOW!! What a relief. I was so tired I could hardly hold him when they layed him on me. It was such a great experience for Justin and I both. He was so awsome through the whole thing! He was feeling bad because he didn't know what to say to me while I was in labor, I said it was okay, I didn't want him to talk to me!! So he did the right thing and kept quiet and only did what I asked.


Now here we are three weeks later and I can't imagine life without little Max. He is such a little blessing for us. I love you little Max!


4 comments:

Kim said...

awww, so cute! He is adorable and I KNEW you'd decide to keep him once he was here. :)

Bearden Family said...

Oh-my-gosh! He is so cute. I have got to get down there and hold him. You have such a cute family! I hope to get down there sometime soon and see you and your adorable family!

Tiff said...

he is so cute. I'm glad you had a fifth one and that our little boys can grow up together. Plus I think you're superwomen doing it all natural!

Melissa said...

Max is such a cute baby! Very sweet pictures! I have to have one of those mute button pacifiers! Where on earth did you get it? I was laughing so hard!