Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This was one of the busiest weekends ever, and I never once pulled out my camera! Thanksgiving morning started out with a rainy 5k at Thanksgiving point. We spent the night in Orem the night before and when I got outside to head up to Lehi it was pouring!! I just about wipmed out and headed back into the motel, but I decided to tough it out. I'm not the fastest runner, but I didn't come in last place....so that is a good thing!

After the race we came back home and hurried to get ready to go to dinner at my moms. In case anyone doesn't know, my mom is the best cook ever. Everything tasted so good and I was sad when it was over! (I think I love food too much) Everyone was there but Mike's family. It's so much fun to be with my family, I just love it! We spent most of the day at my mom's and by the time we got home I was ready for bed!

On Friday morning I went shopping. Not the crazy black Friday kind of shopping, just good 'ol Delta shopping. Webkinz were half off! Hooray! Since Sydni asked Santa for 20 of them. Hmmm....maybe five or six Syd! And all shoes were 40% off, so Justin is now off the hook for a Christmas present! I love shoes! The rest of the day was spent with all the cousins playing at our house. My kids love their cousins so much! Mike and Lisa showed up in the evening and ended up staying at our house, it was way fun! Rick, Lindsey, and Nate all stopped by too so I decided to give Justin an early birthday present so we all watched Hancock in the theater room.

Saturday all the girls went to lunch (missed you Darlene) and to the tree festival. We got their a little late, so we didn't really get to see the trees, but it was fun anyway. There were some really cute trees too. I called Justin and asked if I could buy one...he said NO! We really didn't want to take any kids to lunch with us, so I said they could all just hang out at my house. I think there were 17 there in all!!! The house was still in one piece when we got home, so that was a bonus! Thanks to Kyle and Bethany for babysitting, and to Ty and his friends for keeping Kyle company while he babysat! :) That night was the light parade so we went and watched all five minutes of that. Justin's birthday was Saturday so we went to his mom and dads. Kind of a lame birthday for him, but oh well. Every day seemed like a party!

We had a great holiday weekend, and are looking forward to Christmas!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Darla way to go running the 5K. To bad you can't get your lazy friend to run with you!

Melanie said...

Ya it was fun seeing you at Staples. It sounds like your weekend was crazy.

Meladie said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm laughing at "the whole five minutes" comment pertaining to the light parade. Ha ha! I love Delta!

Michelle said...

Nice job with running a 5K! I feel like I haven't talked to any of you for ever!